Friday, August 7, 2009

7 months ya'll!

Yesterday marked 28 weeks, so 7 months! I can't believe it. I don't understand though why they say you're pregnant for 9 months when it's really 10... We're getting really anxious to meet this little girl that does dance aerobics in my tummy almost all day long! Here are some recent belly pictures - the pink/purple dress is 26 weeks and the white pants, brown shirt is yesterday - 28 weeks!






We also have some new additions to her nursery. The glyder that mama got us for her room came in. We also got a white bookshelf and a new lamp. I love the lamp because it's a touch base, 3 settings. That'll come in handy in the middle of the night! Christi is working on doing a little painting on the wall too. The dashes represent where a little bee has been flying...she's going to do the bee hopefully sometime this week.



We went to visit Grandma about a week and a half ago. It was her birthday, so I took off work and me, Christi, & Mama went down and spent the night with her. The next day we took her out to lunch and did a little shopping. She has on her birthday present from me - a tshirt that says "I'm going to be a Great Grandma" :) My Grandma is the sweetest woman, and I hope that she'll be a big part of Kenna's life!
We've completed 3 of the 6 classes for Childbirth at Baptist Hospital. I really enjoy going to them. We have learned a lot, and I especially like how at the end of class we practice our "relaxation techniques" where she turns off the lights and Brian gets to massage me and help me feel relaxed! Last night we saw what an epidural looks like and watched one being given...doesn't look TOO bad...I think I'll try and wait for as long as I can before I get it. I don't want to be stuck in the bed for hours and hours. I think I'd like to be able to walk around. We'll just play it by ear :)
Tomorrow is our friends Todd & Nicole's little girls birthday. Izzy will be 2! I'm painting her some letters for her room like I did Kenna. I'm so excited about them!
That's about all that's going on for us right now...we love each other and our life together!

1 comment:

  1. You look great and you are almost there! The epidural isn't bad at all. I told Steven that the IV in my hand hurt worse than the epidural!

    ReplyDelete

The Story of Praying

Well, you almost had me fooled Told me that I was nothing without you Oh, but after everything you've done I can thank you for ho...