Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heaven

In church this past Sunday, Pastor Stan spoke on the subject of heaven. He mentioned how the bible speaks poetically about heaven. When Paul attempted to speak of his experience, he couldn't put into words what he saw because it was too amazing. There are plenty of references to that we "rest in peace" or "sleep in death". He said that he does not know what heaven will be like, but he just knows that it will be incredible.
I question so often whether or not when we die if we go straight to heaven or do we "sleep in death" to where there is nothing until the Lord comes back. I wonder even more now since Daddy is gone....is he in heaven, or is he simply resting in peace? It honestly scares me to think about the moment of death, when we are no longer here. I am so afraid of there being nothing (aka sleeping in death). But, then again, I will not know that I am just waiting on God to return. "Years on earth is but a second in heaven". It still is a very scary thought though.
I do not think that we are meant to know all of the answers, I do not think that our human minds can wrap around what is waiting for us on the other side. I believe (even though it's easier said than done) that we just have to trust in Him and know that whatever the case, heaven is more than we can ever imagine and know that he will take care of us.

1 comment:

The Story of Praying

Well, you almost had me fooled Told me that I was nothing without you Oh, but after everything you've done I can thank you for ho...