Thursday, November 6, 2008

Daddy's Results

Daddy has had 3 rounds of chemo - and nothing has changed. Which is, in fact, good. There is one tumor in his right lung and 2 lymph nodes in his chest wall cavity that have cancer in them. He is supposed to start radiation next week and have another round of chemo. I feel awful thinking so, but after 3 rounds, you'd think that the tumor had SHRUNK. I guess my hopes were too high to hear that the cancer was gone. But, I told myself that I would be thrilled as long as the news was not any worse. We will continue the fight. He will be here when my kids are ready to play.
I have to raise my mom up because she has done so much for my dad since all of this began. She has learned to give shots - 2 a day in my dad's stomach. She has become a 24 hour on call nurse, and never complains. She has been very strong and I am so proud of her. It has been hard for all of us, and she has been the rock. Yes, she breaks down, but she picks all of us back up.
Keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Know that your dad is in our prayers! You look very happy!

    ReplyDelete

The Story of Praying

Well, you almost had me fooled Told me that I was nothing without you Oh, but after everything you've done I can thank you for ho...